The MusicMaster Nexus ServerAPI
The Nexus Server gives third-party software products instant, real-time access to MusicMaster's database and scheduling intelligence. Primarily designed as an automation interface, the Nexus Server can easily connect with other software systems, such as traffic and billing, research analysis, and web services.
The MusicMaster Nexus Server lets third-party systems:
- Get MusicMaster's user-defined field names and types.
- List codes for any Attribute fields (e.g.,sound, tempo).
- List Category names and codes.
- Query the music library to search for specific songs.
- Retrieve a list of available Saved Song Lists.
- View and update existing song information.
- Add new songs to the MusicMaster library.
- Load a music schedule for any date.
- Reconcile schedule changes to update MusicMaster's airplay histories.
- Request replacement songs for any scheduled element.
- Export a custom-designed log file.
The Nexus Server provides requested replacement songs in most-to-least rested order. Songs that violate Unbreakable Rules, or any rules, may be filtered out to return only perfect replacements. The replacements may also be filtered by any criteria to find, for example, songs by a specific artist, song type, or range of run times.
Working with your automation system, the MusicMaster Nexus Server opens up a whole new world of possibilities:
- Air talent can search for “perfect” replacement songs based on the scheduling rules.
- Add new songs to MusicMaster when they are recorded into automation.
- Automatically update the automation as schedule changes are made in MusicMaster.
- Automatically update MusicMaster's histories as automation changes are made.
- Access MusicMaster's Saved Song Lists in the studio.
- And much more.
With MusicMaster's Nexus Server, real-time access to your music scheduling data and scheduling rules becomes available directly through your automation system. Automation systems that are integrated with MusicMaster through the Nexus Server bring the power of MusicMaster right into the studio.
MusicMaster's Nexus Server is an HTTP service application that can process requests from third-party systems across a local area network or the Internet, giving them access to MusicMaster's music scheduling data and business intelligence. One Nexus Server can process requests for multiple MusicMaster databases.